Monday, November 11

The Goddess Returns...

Yes, after numerous threats, I have actually returned to the world of blogging. Life has changed drastically since my last post--oodles of years ago--and I need a place to ramble. And this is my place...and if you decide to follow me, it's your place, too. Welcome to my world. Not-so-random ramble #1: Thank you, Christy Maxwell Clark, for helping me find my way back to my blog. I think I quit writing because one day, I lost my blog (only me, I know...but my dear and might I add "brilliant" friend, found me. Yes, I was lost but now, I'm found. Thanks, Christy! Random Ramble #2: A year ago, June...I lost my daddy. My rock. Sometimes, I know he's with me because I can almost feel him. Sometimes, I want to pick up the phone and call him. Then I realize I can't. I want to tell him just one more time that I love him and that he is the rock that I lean on. I want to be a little girl again and crawl into his arms and just let him hold me. I want to hear him sing like Andy Griffith...which always made me laugh. I want to just be in his presence. So I guess...my lesson here...is to love your daddy while you can. Be his little girl every day...even when you're not a little girl...because in a breath, he may be gone. And you'll feel alone in this big old world...even when you thought you had it all together. Random Ramble #3: I am teaching now. At least, that's what my job description says I'm doing. Yay, me! Worked my rear end off to finish college and get certified to TEACH...and now every morning, I get up early, get dressed, and drive to 45 minutes to my classroom to face 40 lovely, precious, hormonal, disturbed, but wonderful fifth graders. I'm supposed to be teaching Social Studies and ELA, but mostly I teach social skills with a touch of English and History thrown in for good measure. And I must say, some days, I feel successful...some days, not so much. I do love teaching. I do love my kids. I do love my school and my co-workers. But the system is extremely screwed up. So if there are any politicians out there reading me, do us all a favor and return at least some of the accountability to the students and the parents. Do something about student behavior. And screw the test. My students need life skills and yes, preparation for college and the techno-world that is constantly evolving around us. SCREW THE TEST. Give me guidelines and leave me the heck alone. Let me be creative and let me teach these kids to love learning as I do. Random Ramble #4: You know when you go into a store for one thing and come out with a whole buggy full of things. I'm the queen of that...so I definitely know the feeling. But it's happened to me again. I went looking for one thing...found it, plus a whole lot more. I'm happy about the whole lot more part...but I'm still getting used to what it means. I want to view it as an unexpected gift. But I know...it's a whole lot more than just that. Am I being vague? Yes. Why? Because. Random Ramble #5: When it's been dark for a long time and then you find a light, you want that light to never go out. I never want to fall into the depths of the dark again. I will do everything I can to hold on to the light. Vague again? Yes. Random Ramble #6: Thank you to our veterans for their service to our country. My little brother, Josh, served overseas....and I'm feeling pretty good about saying he is one the men who have fought to keep our country free. Now, if I could just teach him where babies come from. Geesh. No, really....I love you, Bubby. Well, I'm sure that I have more ramblings but I'll ease you in. Of course, I may be back because The Voice is coming on...and you know, I have to add my two cents. I feels good to be writing again. Thanks...you know who you are.
posted by Marybeth @ 5:01 PM |

0 comments

<< Home