Thursday, July 9

On the "Path to Peace"

I've got a lot on my mind right now. I'm on the verge of some big changes and my expectations are extremely positive. Within the last few days, God--the Universe--definitely Something or Someone bigger than me---has placed some amazing people in my path and at risk of being somewhat dramatic, they have honestly changed the course of my life. Rest assured that I will write more about this in the days, weeks, and months to come but right now, I'm still digesting how drastically my course has changed in just a few days.

This week, I've really been thinking about what it means to "live life on my own terms." How would I live my life if things like money, fear, and other people's expectations were not a part of the equation? I've been thinking about how life is always the same unless you change your way of thinking. I know I am going to face some opposition and I may disappoint some people but I've been thinking about taking a break from college. I could kill myself taking 18 hours for the next two semesters and possibly graduate but I just don't want to. So what is it exactly that I do want? I want to spend the next four years enjoying my daughter's high school years. I want to live in the moment and enjoy the last four years that my baby will be living at home full-time. The next four years will seem like fleeting moments and I want to savor each one. I want to read books for pleasure. I want to scrapbook until the wee hours of the morning without the least amount of guilt. I want to sip sweet tea on my front yard swing. I want to go shopping and have lunch with friends without one thought of writing papers and doing homework. I want to go and I want to stay--but completely at my own discretion. I want to give to others and take for myself---often and even more often than that. I want to be open to every opportunity that life may decide to present to me. I want to experience the magic of everyday moments as well as extraordinary moments that I may miss if I'm not looking for them.

"I am healthy, wealthy, passionate, happy, wise, loving, warm, inspiring, beautiful and peaceful." I reserve the right to add to this list at any time!
posted by Marybeth @ 4:21 PM |

0 comments

<< Home