Monday, June 15

A Million Things Going Through My Mind...

So I'll post a few of them just to clear my head...

1) I'm getting my carpet cleaned. Yeah! Then I've got everything else to clean once the carpet is done. Ugh.
2) I'm going to try to figure how to update this blog with all the new bells and whistles. Of course, when that is going to happen, I have no clue.
3) The last few years have been extremely tough for my family but things are getting better.
4) In the last few years, our house was robbed of a large amount of cash which began a downward spiral of our financial situation. We lost my mother-in-law to cancer. A family member has a horrible drug addiction. In and out of rehab but still addicted and using. AnnaBanana came to live with us for almost a year. We lost our business and our house.
5) In one week's time, these rumors circled my family: Monkey beat me and threw Ava and myself on the street. Monkey and I were getting divorced. Monkey had a $300a day cocaine habit. Monkey was arrested for abusing a five year old child. Oh, and the state of Louisiana was suing Monkey. NONE OF WHICH WERE TRUE IN THE SLIGHTEST. WHERE DO PEOPLE COME UP WITH THIS CRAP? I'm feeling for celebrities right about now.
6) But the sun is still shining...I kept my family together. Monkey had to regroup and start over in the business--on a smaller, more manageable scale. We have a new mobile home on a sweet little lot in a nice little trailer park. We downsized our home, our possessions, and our lives. Life is simpler but it is good. Monkey was able to keep his horses and now rents a pasture and a barn. I have one more year of college and I'll be a college graduate--then the TEACH program--then the Master's program. Ava hasn't missed out on one thing in her happy little life.
7) In July, Ava and I are going to Memphis to see the American Idols on tour. OMG!!!! I am so excited! We're going to spend four days there--doing some sightseeing and shopping and fun stuff. Then we're going to see Kris and Adam and Gokey....OMG!!!!! American Idols ROCK!
8) Generally, I'm pretty happy with my life but every now and then, I crave a little excitement. Not the kind of excitement that bad rumors and tough times cause. The kind of get dressed up and go somewhere and do something fun excitement. Maybe when we go to Memphis, I'll act like a movie star or a celebrity and maybe I'll be mistaken for one. How do you act like a celebrity anyway?
9) I have a Finite Math test today and I absolutely HAVE to get to work on my algebra class. Plus two English classes and a Louisiana History class. All to be completed this summer.
10) I haven't scrapbooked much lately. I've been playing on Twitter way too much. Twitter way too much. I would rather Twitter than do my homework. Probably not better than scrapbooking but I'm just not feeling too creative lately.
11) I've got a hankering for an iPhone. But I'm wondering if I can figure it out. I just want to Twitter when I'm not at home. Or should I get a Blackberry? Or can I Twitter on my old Pebble? I need some answers, People!

Well, that's just a little sampling of what's been keeping me from blogging. But if anyone is reading this, please check back regularly....as I hope to be a better blogger.
posted by Marybeth @ 8:59 AM |

2 comments

<< Home